[exim] (no subject)

Author: B. Cook
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] (no subject)
Hello all,

I am installing a new server and doing something I've got happening on
three other servers without a problem..

I put exim on the outside of a qmail/vpopmail install, and exim only does
smtp auth for ips not allowed to relay.

It has a localhost router designed to send to qmail at 127.0.0.1:8125

I setup a test.domain domain, and a bcook account in vpopmail, and I get
back a strange message from exim when I try and send a test message.

Considering: bcook@???
unique = bcook@???
dbfn_read: key=R:test.domain
dbfn_read: key=R:bcook@???
no address retry record
bcook@???: queued for routing

routing bcook@???
--------> localhost router <--------
local_part=bcook domain=test.domain
calling localhost router
localhost router called for bcook@???
domain = test.domain
route_item = +localqmail 127.0.0.1
search_open: lsearch "/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts"
search_find: file="/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts"
key="test.domain" partial=-1 affix=NULL starflags=0
LRU list:
:/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
End
internal_search_find: file="/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts"
type=lsearch key="test.domain"
file lookup required for test.domain
in /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
lookup yielded:
test.domain in "lsearch;/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts"? yes (matched
"lsearch;/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts")
test.domain in "+localqmail"? yes (matched "+localqmail")
original list of hosts = "127.0.0.1" options =
expanded list of hosts = "127.0.0.1" options =
set transport bsd_smtp
finding IP address for 127.0.0.1
calling host_find_byname
local host found for non-MX address
fully qualified name = 127.0.0.1
gethostbyname looked up these IP addresses:
name=127.0.0.1 address=127.0.0.1
LOG: MAIN
remote host address is the local host: test.domain
localhost router: defer for bcook@???
message: remote host address is the local host
added retry item for R:test.domain: errno=-1 more_errno=0 flags=0
post-process bcook@??? (1)
LOG: MAIN
== bcook@??? R=localhost defer (-1): remote host address is the
local host

and the routers section from my configure file:

begin routers

localhost:
 transport      = bsd_smtp
 driver         = manualroute
 route_list     = +localqmail 127.0.0.1

manual:
 transport      = remote_smtp
 driver         = dnslookup
 domains        = +manual_domains

smarthost:
 transport      = remote_smtp
 driver         = manualroute
 route_list     = !+manual_domains 1.2.3.4
 no_more

begin transports

remote_smtp:
 driver         = smtp

bsd_smtp:
  driver        = smtp
  port          = 8125

and qmail is running..
# telnet localhost 8125
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 qmail.test.domain ESMTP

And I have working internal dns..

[root@pcsdmail /usr/local/etc/exim]# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search at.home
nameserver 172.16.64.1
[root@pcsdmail /usr/local/etc/exim]# host 127.0.0.1
1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer localhost.
[root@pcsdmail /usr/local/etc/exim]# host localhost
localhost.at.home has address 127.0.0.1

This is the part that I am confused about in the debug session:

set transport bsd_smtp
finding IP address for 127.0.0.1
calling host_find_byname
local host found for non-MX address
fully qualified name = 127.0.0.1
gethostbyname looked up these IP addresses:
name=127.0.0.1 address=127.0.0.1

I'm confused why it's doing gethostbyname, and why if it's wrong.. why it
works on the other boxes?