Re: [exim] Empty string failing to match locally generated m…

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Empty string failing to match locally generated messages
On Wednesday 04 October 2006 10:41, leeph took the opportunity to say:
> Hi
>
> I'm running sa-exim to scan messages at SMTP time. I'm using the
> check_recipient acl to check where a message has originated from. If the
> sending host is in $relay_hosts, or if authenticated = *, or if the message
> is locally generated (i.e does message delivered with without TCP/IP).
>
> The acl check looks like this:
>
>   warn    hosts = : @[] : +relay_hosts
>           set acl_m8 = do-not-scan
>   warn    authenticated = *
>           set acl_m8 = do-not-scan

The acl_smtp_rcpt ACL is only run for mail received over SMTP. Thus the only
use for "hosts = :" in that ACL is when exim -bs (batched SMTP, invoked with
exim -bS, is not real SMTP) is run from the command line. You need to set
acl_m8 = do-not-scan in the acl_not_smtp ACL as well (or set and check for
acl_m8 = do-scan when scanning is due).

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)