Re: [exim] Connection closed by foreign host

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Connection closed by foreign host
Mike Barnard wrote:
> Hi, im running Exim 4.52 on a FreeBSD box. i have a problem connecting to
> MDaemon. all attempts to connect return this
>
> mail# telnet mx.technobrainuganda.info 25
> Trying 41.220.14.70...
> Connected to mx.technobrainuganda.info.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> yet, across all my other mail server i can connect quite well
>
> su-2.05b# telnet mx.technobrainuganda.info 25
> Trying 41.220.14.70...
> Connected to mx.technobrainuganda.info.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 technobrainuganda.info ESMTP MDaemon 6.7.8b; Wed, 04 Oct 2006 17:33:48
> +0300
>

> the server im trying to connect to is a Windows MDaemon passing through a
> firewall, so all connections are forwarded to the MDaemon server
>
> any ideas why this would reject one mail server yet accept another that is
> running a similar configuration.
>

> thanks,
>
> Mike

Umm...

telnet is not Exim, but will show you as much as can be seen.

Mdaemon suport:

http://www.altn.com/support/default.asp/product_id/MDaemon

Or see if the mailadmin of the target host will look in his logs for your
connection and share info.

You haven't specified if the box(es) you are connecting *from* might be missing
a DNS entry, be on dynamic-IP, RBL listed, or such, which MDaemon may be acting
on, but not speaking to you about.

telnet to conducive.org, OTOH, and you *will* be told...

Bill