Re: [exim] Rejecting direcly connected customers at connect …

Author: Andreas Pettersson
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rejecting direcly connected customers at connect time
W B Hacker wrote:

>>That answer reminds me of many phone calls. My answer to this is
>>generally "Hey, we have no problems receiving mails from everyone else,
>>so _your_ setup is faulty" :D
>>

>Good point!

Only one problem.. Most of these problem servers are only used for
newsletters or mailinglists and the like. It's my user who has initiated
the mails by filling in their address in a form somewhere. The
newsletter host don't care if the mail gets delivered or not. If someone
signs up for a newsletter and then rejects the mail, why should they care?

However, whitelisting is fairly easy in those cases.

Regards,
Andreas