Re: [exim-dev] patch for named acl variables

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] patch for named acl variables
On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 11:31:06AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 09:46:56AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Marc Haber wrote:
> > > Doing so, my first time with an exim snapshot. Is it intended that the
> > > exim man page is not in the snapshot?
> >
> > Yes. The snapshot doesn't contain spec.txt, filter.txt, or exim.8 on the
> > grounds that these won't have changed since the previous release (so it
> > keeps it smaller).
>
> I see. I'll need to special-case this.

Since it was non-trivial to special-case this and I needed some svn
experience anyway, I have branched an experimental branch for exim's
Debian packaging and have packaged the snapshot of September 21 for
Debian experimental, numbered as 4.63.20060921-1.

I am running the snapshot myself on my personal mail host, and have
adapted my spam and malware filtering ACLs to use named ACLs. I can
say "works for me". Thanks, this is a great feature from a packaging
point of view.

I have posted a heads-up on pkg-exim4-devel and hope that people will
try the snapshot.

Greetings
Marc