Re: [exim-dev] patch for named acl variables

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc Haber
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] patch for named acl variables
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Marc Haber wrote:

> Doing so, my first time with an exim snapshot. Is it intended that the
> exim man page is not in the snapshot?

Yes. The snapshot doesn't contain spec.txt, filter.txt, or exim.8 on the
grounds that these won't have changed since the previous release (so it
keeps it smaller). Furthermore, these files aren't actually available in
the CVS repository. Only the sources from which they are built are
there. So I'd have to automate building them each time - and I'm not
sure if all the relevant software for doing that is installed on the CVS
repository machine (XML processing is still a bit of a black art). And
I'd rather not trust this to happen automatically, anyway. If somebody
updates the source of the spec, say, and inserts a syntax error, there
could be a problem. The snapshot making process just copies files.