Re: [exim] acl and global variables for viruses (as spam)

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] acl and global variables for viruses (as spam)
Beber wrote:

> Jakob Hirsch <jh@???>
>
>> Quoting Beber:
>>
>>> I can't find this anywhere, but is there the same for virus check ?
>>

>> Looking at spool_out.c, $spam_score_int is the only content scanning
>> variable that is saved in spool files. If you need $malware_name, you
>> can save it in an acl variable.
>

> I can easily add Headers with acl yes. But I'dd like to have a global
> variable that tell a mail contain a virus. And use this variable in
> router to put viruses email in a special maildir and do that faster
> that rescan all headers to see if match or not (as I do today with
> spam) and I'd like to have an homegenous system.
>
> Maybe that's not possible at all ? (Or need a hack)

What is wrong with $malware_name, headers, and acl_m message variables?

Ex:

  # warn
  discard
     message     = X-Wincrobe: Message contains known Win-crobe ($malware_name)
     demime      = *
     malware     = */defer_ok
  #  set acl_m(n) = $malware-name

Not sure 'demime' is still needed/appropriate. This configure file is growing
whiskers...

And *why* do you want to put viruses *anywhere* on your system?

Expecting a global shortage and the market price will go up, maybe?

ClamAv is not known for false-positives..... drop 'em on the floor.

Bill