[exim] Default config in distributions.

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Mark Kubrick
CC: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Default config in distributions.
On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 13:35 +0100, Mark Kubrick wrote:
> It seems nigh on the impossible to find a straightforward explaination of
> installing MailMan and having it work with Exim (OS is Fedora). Can anybody
> help? I am do sick of reading about UID/GIDs, transports and directors and
> getting nowhere. All I want is a mailing list!

Hm, perhaps I should be shipping an example of how to use mailman in the
default Fedora config.

Then again, I don't really want to diverge _too_ far from the standard
config. I don't want to end up with something as baroque as Debian's
setup.

Perhaps I should ship the exim package with its existing fairly basic
config (perhaps with some mailman stuff ifdeffed out), and then ship a
_separate_ all-singing, all-dancing exim config package which is capable
of just about everything? And perhaps that package could be based on the
Debian configuration stuff?

Opinions?

--
dwmw2