Re: [exim] Sending mail from different IP per domain

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sending mail from different IP per domain
Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@???> (Fr 22 Sep 2006 12:56:37 CEST):
>
>>It's easy for mail with a single recipient or which originates locally. It's
>>more difficult when multiple mails are being sent to the same remote host but
>>from different local domains. But when I think about it, it should be
>>possible to make Exim separate them into different connections.
>

> probably I'm missing some point, but the OP wanted to select the
> outgoing IP based on the /sender/ domain. And there should be exacly
> /one/ sender domain, shouldn't?
>
> smtp:
> driver = smtp
> hosts_require_tls = muli.schlittermann.de
> tls_certificate = /etc/exim4/private/ssl.schlittermann.de.crt
> tls_privatekey = /etc/exim4/private/ssl.schlittermann.de.key
> interface = ${lookup{$host_address}lsearch*{/etc/exim4/interface}}
> helo_data = ${lookup{$host_address}lsearch*{/etc/exim4/helo_data}}
>

> Our outgoing interface is choosen on some other base ($host_address), but
> having there the sender domain should be easy and straight forward.?
>

>     Best regards from Dresden
>     Viele Grüße aus Dresden
>     Heiko Schlittermann

Yep.. My other post crossed this one in the queue, but at least as a low-load
'pragmatic' situation, it does seem to work OK.

Grant, it could get problematical - and just did so - on my return to HKG, as my
partner's ZRH Qmail server accepts only on port 25, and my ISP here just
started diverting that, (which I favor, actually).

So ... sending my ZRH adress via the HKG server presently results in forged HELO..

Some fine-tuning to do there...

Your code (above) is inspirational toward a better way... though *BSD'ized and
SQL-driven for me..

Thanks,

Bill