[exim] Help with relaying

Author: Patrik Jansson
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Help with relaying
Hi,
I need some help configuring exim. I want the following rules:

SenderHost    Sender Address    Recipient Address
Local    *        *        no authentication
*    local domain    *        authentication required
*    not in local domain    local domain    deliver
*    not in local domain    not in local domain    deny

Please let me know if you think I have forgot something important.

Currently no authentication is required as long as the sender address is in
local domain.

I think the following rules are interesting ( I have removed some comments
):

begin acl
check_recipient:

  accept  hosts = :
  accept  sender_domains = +whitelist_domains
  accept  hosts = +whitelist_hosts
  accept  hosts = +whitelist_hosts_ip
  accept  senders = +whitelist_senders
  accept  local_parts = postmaster
          domains     = +local_domains

  accept  local_parts = abuse
          domains     = +local_domains
  accept  local_parts = hostmaster
          domains     =+local_domains

# accept if address is in a domain for which we relay as long as recipient
# can be verified
  accept  domains = +relay_domains
          endpass
          verify=recipient

  accept  hosts = +relay_hosts
  accept  hosts = +auth_relay_hosts
          endpass
          message = authentication required
          authenticated = *
  deny    message = relay not permitted

# default at end of acl causes a "deny", but line below will give
# an explicit error message:
  deny    message = relay not permitted

# ACL that is used after the DATA command
check_message:
accept

Thanks,
Patrik