[exim] Newbie question - Setup on a MS Exchange network

Author: James Mitchell
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Newbie question - Setup on a MS Exchange network
I have been fighting with sendmail, postfix and exim over the last couple of weeks to get my new system sorted. I'm a bit of a Linux newbie never mind administering mail in any respect!

My Fedora Core 5 PC is hosting a wiki, bugzilla and RT request tracker. It is on a local network. Internal mail goes through a gateway and exchange server, external mail also comes through an MX server which is off site.

If I type domainname from the command prompt I get (none) and my hostname ends .mynetwork.local

I want to be able to send to and receive from anybody@???

I don't really know where to start. I've looked round plenty of websites and tutorials but nothing matches my requirements and any time I try sending mails, they don't get through and, before I switched mail servers, I was getting error messages including a link to http://www.flame.org/qmail/dnsbad.html

What would I need to change in the exim configuration? (After a fresh installation...)
What (if anything) do I need to change elsewhere (e.g. the exchange server)?

Thanks for your help and apologies for my ignorance!

James

+++++
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the contents of and attachments to this email represents only the views of the sender as expressed to the intended recipient. It does not necessarily represent the view of the company and is not intended to place any legal obligation upon the company, nor does it commit the company to any course of action or contractual undertaking. If you are not the intended recipient of this message/information, please inform the sender by return of mail and destroy the message and any attachments. Use or disclosure of any of the contents of the message by unauthorised persons may result in legal action being taken.
+++++