Re: [exim] Easy Upgrades

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
CC: Sergey Matveychuk
Subject: Re: [exim] Easy Upgrades
Sergey Matveychuk wrote:

> W B Hacker wrote:
>
>>"portupgrade <currently-installed-exim-version>"
>>
>>- followed by an "...~/exim.sh restart"
>

> With portupgrade you can leave out even restart part.
>
> Just add in your pkgtools.conf the lines:
>
>   AFTERINSTALL = {
>      '*' => proc { |origin|
>        cmd_start_rc(origin)
>      },
>   }

> And you will have just-one-line-upgrade.

Shame on me - portupgrade works so well I don't think I've even ever read the
man page...

Getting to be an 'appliance' operator in me old age..

;-)

Thanks for the tip!

> PS. Exim rocks! Really.

ACK. Sort of like the modern 'electric organ' of MTA's vs a traditional
big-band approach of others.

With Exim, all the controls are right in front of you.

With the other MTA's you have to go off and negotiate with the horn section, the
string section, the drummer, the pianist - all of whom speak different
languages and may not really care to play with each other, let alone off the
same song-sheet...

Tedious, that...

Bill