Re: [exim] Queue-Runs and frozen timeouts (solved)

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Felix Havemann
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Queue-Runs and frozen timeouts (solved)
Hi Marc (and the list),

thanks for your reply. I figured that the -qxm is the better option.
I also found the reason, why the queue became so huge. The server is
used as an smtp relay for a lot of customers. A lot of other
mailservers use extensive greylisting, so a lot of mails get queued.
As I left exim in it's initial configuration with 5 max runs and a
run every 30 minutes, the queue runs didn't have a chance to trigger
new delivery processes. I changed this to max. 50 runs,
remote_max_parallel to 150 and a run every 5 minutes. After this I
tidied up the queue by deleting old/frozen messages and starting
queue runs from the command line.
These new settings seem to work fine for me. I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks
Felix

P.S.: Greatings delivered :) Hummel Hummel

--
Felix Havemann  -Leiter Technik-          w         f.havemann@???
n@work Internet Informationssysteme GmbH  o         http://www.work.de