Re: [exim] split_ spool_ directory - when would you use it?

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] split_ spool_ directory - when would you use it?
On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 16:47 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Warren Baker wrote:
>
> > Besides the downside of using it in conjunction with queue_run_in_order,
> > surely the majority of installations out there make use of
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > split_spool_directory - so should it not be enabled by default since it
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Have you any evidence for this? My (also totally unsubstantiated) guess
> would be that "the majority of installations" are single-user or
> small-company users of Debian boxes. I think we just don't know.

speaking only for our own installation, we only enable it for the
outbound queue. the other Exim instances (which outnumber it by 30 to
1) use a regular queue. I prefer to know in exactly which directory I
should look for the queue files. it makes our test for old messages in
the queue a lot simpler, for instance.

actually, I think that if you have a long queue, you're doing something
wrong. as I write this, our single outbound queue has 164 messages.
clearly the number will scale with your number of users, but we have
more than 60000 users, and I doubt "the majority of installations" have
more than that.

--
Kjetil T.