Re: [exim] Mail Implementation Design (Update)

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mail Implementation Design (Update)
Hi

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 17:57 +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
> So - a 'read-mostly' DB, such as CDB, will beat *any* full-house SQL animal for
> higher read speed, lower resource load - and ultimately, higher reliability.

But any RDBMS (whether MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL etc etc) will beat a
"read-mostly" DB for rates of change. In an ISP or volume hosting
environment, if you want customers to have changes made "live"
immediately, you can't beat having Exim tied to an RDBMS backend.

Yes, I know, there are many who do this with atomic, non-blocking,
non-racing DB exports to various file types on a timed interval basis,
and that interval can be very low, but if you've already got the hammer
that Bill mentions... ;-)

Graeme