Re: [exim] exim and clamd on fc5

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Asbjørn Aarrestad
À: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] exim and clamd on fc5
W B Hacker skrev:
> Asbjørn Aarrestad wrote:
>
>> hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to get exim to talk to clamd on fc5, but so far, all the test
>> mail are just flushing through to the local delivery, and no messages
>> are scanned for viruses.
>>
>> I've installed the rpm's in fc5 for exim and clamd.server and also the
>> clamav-exim configuration
>>
>> I've enabled the "av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamd.exim/clamd.lock" and
>> checked the acl_check_data block
>>

>> any ideas why this isn't working?
>>

>> - asbjørn
>>

> Maybe of more usefulness...
>
> This works here (FreeBSD 4.X, 6.X:
>
> clamd is run with an euid:egid in the same 'group' as Exim, and with a socket
> that has r/w privs to group members...
>
> ~/clamd.conf has:
>
> LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/.s.CLAMD.7002
>

> ~/exim/configure has:
>
> av_scanner      = clamd:/var/run/clamav/.s.CLAMD.7002

> ~/etc/rc.conf and ~/etc/rc.d/~ start clamd before exim starts, so as to avoid
> errors in ~/exim/paniclog should the clamd not yet be available.
>
> The result is creation of a socket: /var/run/clamav/.s.CLAMD.7002=
>
> The directory and socket ID will almost certainly differ for your Linux
> environment, but any way you cut it, ~/exim/configure and ~/clamd.conf (or their
> Linux equivalents) must point to the same socket, AND it must have r/w privs for
> both.

clamd created the socket, with a user in the exim group, and the socket
has rw for the group.
clamd and exim points to the same socket.

As far as I understand, clamd is called in the "local_scan" part, but
when runnig with -d+deliver, I get the following:
calling local_scan(); timeout=300
local_scan() returned 0 NULL

any ideas?