Re: [exim] exim and clamd on fc5

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] exim and clamd on fc5
Asbjørn Aarrestad wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get exim to talk to clamd on fc5, but so far, all the test
> mail are just flushing through to the local delivery, and no messages
> are scanned for viruses.
>
> I've installed the rpm's in fc5 for exim and clamd.server and also the
> clamav-exim configuration
>
> I've enabled the "av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamd.exim/clamd.lock" and
> checked the acl_check_data block
>

> any ideas why this isn't working?
>

> - asbjørn

Maybe of more usefulness...

This works here (FreeBSD 4.X, 6.X:

clamd is run with an euid:egid in the same 'group' as Exim, and with a socket
that has r/w privs to group members...

~/clamd.conf has:

LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/.s.CLAMD.7002

~/exim/configure has:

av_scanner      = clamd:/var/run/clamav/.s.CLAMD.7002

~/etc/rc.conf and ~/etc/rc.d/~ start clamd before exim starts, so as to avoid
errors in ~/exim/paniclog should the clamd not yet be available.

The result is creation of a socket: /var/run/clamav/.s.CLAMD.7002=

The directory and socket ID will almost certainly differ for your Linux
environment, but any way you cut it, ~/exim/configure and ~/clamd.conf (or their
Linux equivalents) must point to the same socket, AND it must have r/w privs for
both.

HTH,

Bill