Re: [exim] multiple hosts in route_data

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] multiple hosts in route_data
Bryan Rawlins wrote:

*snip*

> What I'm basically trying to do is re-invent
> the wheel by having MX priority like flexibility but without using DNS, because
> using DNS would mean maintaining a private proprietary copy of zones not
> ultimetly under my control.

With some DNS (maradns in our case), maintaining such records at least *seems*
to be no more effort than wudl be required to maintain the same kind and number
of records in an SQL DB (PostgreSQL here).

The advantage is twofold:

- the local DNS can (optionally) also speed up some of the mundane callouts.

- it is a more 'natural' fit to Exim, hence potentially less arcane router
coding needed.

JM2CW, but I certinly wouldn't rule out a DNS on the grounds of more overall work.

Bill