Re: [exim] Reject mail which fails to find a router

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Reject mail which fails to find a router
On Monday 21 August 2006 19:41, Customer Support took the opportunity to say:
> We're using mysql to select specific forwarding/storage data for exim with
> the last two routers shown below which act as a 'catchall' and a wildcard
> forwarder.
>
> The problem we've got is that if a customer has set up say bob@???
> but not their * wildcard and someone emails tom@??? then rather than
> being rejected we're seeing "stat=Deferred: 451 Temporary local problem -
> please try later"
>
> The server logs showing
> temporarily rejected RCPT tom@???: MYSQL: no data found

If a lookup returns no records, the data should become the empty string,
causing the router to decline. If all routers decline, verify = recipient
will yield failure and the RCPT command will be rejected (550). Your problem
may lie elsewhere. Try "exim -d -bt tom@???" and see what leads up to
the temporary local problem.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???