Re: [exim] ACL question - Sender Verification

Autor: Exim Mailing List
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] ACL question - Sender Verification
On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 12:32:01PM +0200, Christian Schmidt wrote:
> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:32:01 +0200
> From: Christian Schmidt <christian@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Subject: Re: [exim] ACL question - Sender Verification
>
> Hello,
>
> sch?nfeld / in-medias-res, 18.08.2006 (d.m.y):
>
> > i'm currently trying to improve our email setup in sense of spam
> > rejecting and therefore trying to setup a kind of Sender Verification
> > where Mails are rejected on SMTP-time, when all of the following
> > conditions are met:
> >
> > * Sender Address is an e-mail address which is, by means of the domain,
> > considered to be local
> > * Sender Host is not an authorized mailserver (e.g. there is a hostlist
> > which holds each server which is allowed to send in emails with our
> > local-addresses)
> >
> > Is this possible? If yes: How?
>
> When you set "verify=sender" and someone tries to send a mail with an
> envelope containing one of "your" domain parts, exim will
> - accept if the local part is valid
> - reject if it is not.
>
> Is that what you want?

I thought verify=sender did a callout to the sending server to verify that
the sender existed.

The spec:

verify = sender/<options>

    This condition is relevant only after a MAIL or RCPT command, or after a
    message has been received (the acl_smtp_data or acl_not_smtp ACLs). If the
    message's sender is empty (that is, this is a bounce message), the
    condition is true. Otherwise, the sender address is verified.

Did you mean verify = recipient

Steven.
--
New systems generate new problems.