Re: [exim] Exim4 + greylistd + spf

Autor: Jaye Mathisen
A: Aur?lien_Fernandes
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim4 + greylistd + spf
Personally, I find SPF pretty much useless. Yes, you can use it to
score some mail, but implementation is not very widespread, so you either
have to go hard-core and reject, or accept the mail anyway, in which case,
why bother?

There are some other issues with SPF that suck as well, including stomping
on existing record types.

Personally, I use greylisting and dspam, and my spam problem is pretty
much gone. With mailing lists, I get about 2200 messages a day, obviously
most are ignored, but I file 'em for archives, and was getting 300-400
spam/day. Greylisting took it to about 10-12, dspam by itself was 3-4, both together, I'm thinking I haven't seen a spam get through for several days,
and so far it's been a long time since seeing a False positive...

Do some more reading on SPF, and don't expect much.