Re: [exim] Exim4 + greylistd + spf

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim4 + greylistd + spf
Aurélien Fernandes <aurelien.fernandes@???> wrote:
> A few months ago I installed Ex Exim 4.5-8 + Clamav + Greylist on
> my Debian Sarge. When i started to get spams coming through the greylist
> I decided to install SPF as first filter.

SPF is no Anti-Spam measure. It is just a way to enforce that e-mails
using certain senders can only be sent from certain hosts.

> Unfortunately, I am since then
> receiving more spams than ever instead of none at all as intended by
> SPF. Could you please help me?

[...]
> acl_check_rcpt :

> defer
>    message        = $sender_host_address is not yet authorized to deliver \
>                     mail from <$sender_address> to <$local_part@$domain>. \
>                     Please try later.
>    log_message    = greylisted.
>    !senders       = :
>    !hosts         = : +relay_from_hosts : \
>                     ${if exists {/etc/greylistd/whitelist-hosts}\
>                                 {/etc/greylistd/whitelist-hosts}{}} : \
>                     ${if exists {/var/lib/greylistd/whitelist-hosts}\
>                                 {/var/lib/greylistd/whitelist-hosts}{}}
>    !authenticated = *
>    !acl           = acl_whitelist_local_deny
>    domains        = +local_domains : +relay_to_domains
>    verify         = recipient/callout=20s,use_sender,defer_ok
>    set acl_m9 = -ipv4=$sender_host_address \
>                                 -sender=$sender_address \
>                                 -helo=$sender_helo_name
>    set acl_m9 = ${run{/usr/bin/spfquery $acl_m9}}
>   condition      = ${${if eq
> {$runrc}{1}{readsocket{/var/run/greylistd/socket}\
>                                 {--grey \
>                                  $sender_host_address \
>                                  $sender_address \
>                                  $local_part@$domain}\
>                                 {5s}{}{false}}}{false}}

That is just completely broken. What is the if test supposed to do?
Only greylist hosts that are not SPF compliant?

cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute