Re: [exim] frozen messages don't get deleted

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: canary_trap_8
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] frozen messages don't get deleted
On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 06:53:59PM +0200, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> > I could be wrong, but setting to zero probably is interpreted as 'never'.
>
> This actually seems to be the reason, it works now:
>
> 2006-08-16 18:54:06 1ChKRM-0002RX-5V cancelled by timeout_frozen_after
>
> Could anyone fix the spec accordingly? Usually _negative_ values mean
> "never" and with zero I would think "after zero seconds = now".

I'm not sure about the timeout_frozen_after value, but here's what the
book has to say about ignore_bounce_errors_after:

    In order to avoid mail loops, Exim does not let a failing bounce
    message give rise to another bounce message. Instead, Exim freezes the
    message to bring it to the postmaster's attention. Some administrators
    do not have the human resources to inspect each frozen message in
    order to determine what the problem is, and their policy may be to
    discard such failures. Exim can be configured to do this by setting
    ignore_bounc_errors_after. This option allows such failures to be kept
    for a given time before being discarded. If you set the following:

    ignore_bounce_errors_after = 0s

    bounce messages that fail are discarded immediately, whereas with this
    setting:

    ignore_bounce_errors_after = 12h

    Exim retains failing bounce messages for 12 hours. After the first
    failure, the message is frozen as in the default case, but after it has
    been on the queue for the specified time, it is automatically unfrozen
    at the next queue run. If delivery fails again, the message is
    discarded. (1)

>From this I infer that your "0s" setting should work for failed bounces.

HTH.

Bill

(1) Hazel, Philip: "The Exim SMTP Mail Server", p. 58, UIT Cambridge,
ISBN 0-9544529-0-9.