Re: [exim-dev] patch for named acl variables

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: exim-dev
Asunto: Re: [exim-dev] patch for named acl variables
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Philip Hazel wrote:

> I have to admit that my gut feeling doesn't like this because it is
> adding more code and complication, just to avoid using macros for
> variable names. But then I come from the "if it isn't written in

As Marc said, from the viewpoint of a distributor it's great, as you can
create your own "namespace" like $acl_m_debian_* without limiting the
user or worse, having hard to trace problems because of the user using
your variables.

And for "more code and complication", I don't think that this really is a
problem here, exim contains far more code that is user by a VERY small
userbase. But with the adding of more and more variables and options to
exim, one should think about refactoring the current code a bit, so it
gets easier to maintain.

Nico