Re: [exim] Exiscan clamd "local" option - undocumented?

Author: David Saez Padros
To: everton
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exiscan clamd "local" option - undocumented?
Hi !!

> I suppose that section is triggered by a "local" option
> stated as in:
>
> av_scanner = clamd:127.0.0.1 3310:local
>
> It would cause Exiscan to use clamd SCAN interface,
> as opposed to the STREAM one.
>
> Is a such understading correct?

looks fine

> Is it known to work? :-)

as i could remember that exact piece of code was contributed
by someone else (i never used clamd using host/port). If you
try, please let us know if this works or not. Anyway documentation
should be updated with this option.

> Yes, I'm aware one would normally use the SCAN
> interface with Unix-domain sockets.

that would be the best and it's known to work.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53