[exim] Exiscan clamd "local" option - undocumented?

Author: Everton da Silva Marques
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exiscan clamd "local" option - undocumented?
Hi,

Please bear with me since I failed to find documentation
about the following Exiscan option for the clamd scanner.
Pointer for the proper doc. is appreciated. :-)

Consider the code fragment from exim-4.62/src/malware.c,
starting at line 1078 (reformatted for brevity):

  if (strcmpic(clamd_options2,US"local") == 0) {
    (void)string_format(file_name,1024,"SCAN %s/scan/%s\n",
    /* ... */

I suppose that section is triggered by a "local" option
stated as in:

av_scanner = clamd:127.0.0.1 3310:local

It would cause Exiscan to use clamd SCAN interface,
as opposed to the STREAM one.

Is a such understading correct? Is it known to work? :-)

Yes, I'm aware one would normally use the SCAN
interface with Unix-domain sockets.

Thanks,
Everton