Re: [exim] Remote SMTP using manual route but only for certa…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Remote SMTP using manual route but only for certainusers???
Cédric MARCOUX (sprimont) wrote:

> cause router rules apply for all users of a domain,

Not necessarily...

> i want to be able to
> forward to certain user under certain condition...
>
> Christian Schmidt a écrit :
>
>>Hello Cédric,
>>
>>"Cédric MARCOUX (sprimont)", 01.08.2006 (d.m.y):
>>

>>>Yes but changing the router order will not provide me the ability to
>>>forward mail to certain user on a remote smtp, isn't it???
>>
>>Why not?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Christian Schmidt

Router rules may be *traversed* for all traffic not intercepted by match of an
earlier router. That is why 'order matters'. One places the specific in
sequence before the general.

The tests and conditionals a router performs may be as complex and detailed as
you care to make them - not only domain and user specific, but all manner of
sub-conditions on headers, etc.

Plenty of examples abound.

Bill