Re: [exim] Accept Mail only to known recipients

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
CC: Odhiambo G. Washington
Subject: Re: [exim] Accept Mail only to known recipients
Hello,

Odhiambo G. Washington <wash@???> (Di 01 Aug 2006 21:40:27 CEST):

> 1. What is the dandiest way to do this? After all dnsbl, I want to
>    accomplish all the checks at acl_smtp_rcpt and reject any unknown
>    recipients. Are there are pitfalls I should watch for?

You could use callout on your MX to verify the recipient at the box where you sit.
We do sort of this on our secondary MX. With a reasonable cache time it
shouldn't call too often for already known names.

Or - if your users/domains are already in LDAP - you can use LDAP
replication mechanisms for synchronising your recipient list with the
list outside.

(About the same holds for MySQL or other data bases having some
master/slave conept. -- even DNS you could rape.)

Or any other self brewed synchronzing mechanism. (Flat uncompressed(!) file
(or probably even some DB format) synchronized via rsync.)

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -