Re: [exim] Accept Mail only to known recipients

Author: Chad Leigh
To: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Accept Mail only to known recipients

On Aug 1, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:

> * On 01/08/06 20:58 +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> | Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> | > I need some advise on a task I am working on towards spam
> control and
> | > bandwidth saving. I am going to have a dedicated server hosted
> somewhere
> | > upstream and this server is going to be my highest priority MX
> for several
> | > thousand domains.
> |
> | I assume you have a low-bandwidth (or expensive) link?
>
> Expensive.
>

> | Where are your secondary MX's (given that plenty of spammers hit
> them
> | by preference or stupidity)?
>

> In my server room here ;)
> It's local to where I sit.

You probably want to make ALL your public mx record servers sit
outside your data center (upstream before the expensive link part) as
spammers often choose the secondary MX records on purpose

Chad

ps: let me know offlist if I can provide some services (located in US)

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider
chad at shire.net