Re: [exim] Exim hangs on ldap search

Author: Alain Williams
To: Lou Vasquez
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim hangs on ldap search
On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 03:33:22PM -0400, Lou Vasquez wrote:
> Oddly enough that worked. I'd rather not leave ldap(-s) open but that
> at least points to the problem. I remove the s and it comes back, I put
> the s in and it hangs after getting the cn. Whats really strange is
> that ldapauth works fine with ldaps (but I have to use cn, not username
> for the bind) but not with ldap lookup.

How about this for a kludge/work-around:
Openldap (& maybe other ldap servers) has the ability to retrieve info from other ldap servers.
Why not configure it to speak to another ldap over 'ldaps' (if you can do it) and then
exim can speak to the local ldap (on the same machine) over 'ldap' (which is prob reasonably
secure).

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.