Re: [exim] Exim hangs on ldap search

Author: Alain Williams
To: Lou Vasquez
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim hangs on ldap search
On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 02:44:23PM -0400, Lou Vasquez wrote:
> I noticed that but assumed that since I don't have any outgoing firewall
> restrictions (I'll double check that) that this wasn't the problem. I
> tried snooping the packets to see if it was doing this but forgot that I
> was using ldaps and couldn't see didly.

When I was debugging my problem I used strace and found that it was in a loop
attempting to connect to the same 6 ldap servers, over & again.

What does strace tell you it is doing. If something is 'hung' it is usually either
in a loop or it is stuck waiting for some system call to end.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>