Re: [exim] My DNS Spam and White Lists are Ready for Testing

Góra strony
Autor: David Saez Padros
Dla: Marc Perkel, exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] My DNS Spam and White Lists are Ready for Testing
Hi !!

> Ok - so here it is. Give it a try and tell me what you think. Here's the
> instructions on how to use my black list, white list, and yellow list.
>
> http://wiki.ctyme.com/index.php/Spam_DNS_Lists

on the 'Joining In' paragraph of your wiki you say "The data you send
will not violate anyone's provacy. I just need the IP address of the
server and if it is spam or nonspam", actually the spanish data
protection agency, based on european directives, considers ip addresses
as personal data, which means that they cannot be transferred to any
third party without previous consent of the user attached to the ip.
The implication of this is that if any spanish company or particular
sends some ip addresses to be blacklisted to your list it can be sued
by the user who has been blacklisted and will have to pay a considerable
amount of money. It would be good that you check if other data
protection agencies in the european union act in the same way and warn
your possible users about this. Sounds stupid and is stupid but it's
real.

In the other hand dns whitelists are more viable here specially if the
users could request to be whitelisted by themselves, i know there is
also a dns based withelist of dutch or danish isp's and there is also
a dns withelist of spanish providers being tested here, maybe it will
be good for your whitelist to also incorporate this ones.

Just to fix your example, which queries both white and black lists,
it will be better to not query the blacklist if the host is yellow
or whitelisted, or better, move the warn's (white/yellow) to the bottom,
just after all deny's

Also if you want success you will have to provide also examples for
potsfix, sendmail, mdaemnon, etc ...

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53