Re: [exim] Block IP's based on honeypot addr's?

Author: David Saez Padros
To: Jaye Mathisen
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Block IP's based on honeypot addr's?
Hi !!

> I would like to have exim firewall off an IP if these addresses are ever
> hit. By my count, it would eliminate something like 300,000 spam/day on my
> server.

be careful with spam comming from gib providers (yahoo, hotmail, gmail,
etc ..)

> I could just tail the mainlog, but was hoping for something built into
> exim directly.

we do something similar, listing the ip addresses only if they are from
dialup zones by logging special lines to the rejectlog (as it's faster
to process than the mainlog). Then a script adds those ip's to a cdb
database which is used by exim to reject on connect.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53