Re: [exim] Reject RCPT and Unroutable address.

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Reject RCPT and Unroutable address.
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 02:48:35PM +0800, Hidayat Bin Rahmat wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to exim, so I'll apologize for asking some basic question in
> advance.

Don't do it too often, and do read the Exim Specification as soon as you can.
And try searching the list archives.

> I've just set up exim on my server and it seems to reject incoming
> mails. It will show a reject RCPT and Unroutable address error.
>
> I think it's something to do with the routing configurations within the
> exim config file. But the problem is that I'm not sure which one to look
> at.
>
> Is there anyone who knows the solutions or able to point me at the right
> direction?

Without knowing what your config says, or what you're trying to achieve, I can
only give generic advice: use "exim -bt address@???" to test the routing
of an address; use "exim -d+all -bt address@???" for lots of debugging detail.
You will see Exim as it considers each router, and decides which one to use.
"Unroutable address" means that none of the routers accepted the address.

> I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

If you're still stuck, it would be helpful if you could show us at least some
of: your configuration; the address that's coming up as "Unroutable"; and an
explanation of what you're trying to achieve.

Good luck!

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet