Re: [exim] Delay in SMTP "no IP address found for host"

Author: Exim Mailing List
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delay in SMTP "no IP address found for host"
On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 06:36:49PM +0000, Mordur wrote:
> Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:36:49 +0000
> From: Mordur <el@???>
> To: exim p?stisti <exim-users@???>
> Subject: [exim] Delay in SMTP "no IP address found for host"
>
> Hi,
>
> I have just set up a mail relay for authenticated users using Debian/GNU
> Linux. It seems to work, except that there is about 30 second delay
> after submission of mail (from firefox) during which nothing is logged.
> After this delay, the following is logged:

Do you know about the Debian Exim mailing list?

If your problem is ident timeouts
  and you're using the default Debian-exim setup
    and you're using the non-split configuration

put

rfc1413_hosts = *
rfc1413_query_timeout = 1s

in /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros

If you've gone for your own exim4.conf file edit it and make the changes
to replicate the above.

If you're using split configuration, I haven't got a clue.

Steven.
--
It's easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.