Re: [exim] Retry rules, feature request

Author: Stefan Klatt
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry rules, feature request
Hello Philip,

>> And if the retry rule is used.. at this point the information about the
>> error must be there !?!
>
>Yes. But the retry rule is not used at the time the bounce message is
>sent. *That* is the point. (And it's retry ruleS - may be more than one
>host involved. And indeed there may be more than one address involved
>when the bounce message is sent.)

I know what you mean... different receivers at different time... horrible
situation to generate such a message.

>What I am trying to say is that (a) I think this is quite a bit of
>design work, and then an unknown quantify of implementation work and (b)
>I don't have the time to look in detail.
>
>> It there is an error like tls_reiquired i think any admin want to see
>> this error immediatly.
>
>Most admins get this kind of information by watching the queues, not by
>receiving emails.

Oh.. a emailserver should work a few days without any kind of support.
Often you have an external support.

>There is no reason why this suggestion should not be added to the Exim
>Wish List, of course, but I do not think I am likely to look at it in
>the foreseeable future. Sorry about that, but there are only so many
>hours in the day.

It's no problem.. i wanted only to show you the reasons why i think it's
important...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Stefan Klatt

CaC
Stefan Klatt                Certified Warp 4 Engineer
Triftstrasse 9                Certified Warp Server Engineer
60528 Frankfurt                Enterasys Partner
                    Bintec Partner

Tel.:        +49-69-67808-915        email: stefan.klatt@???
Handy:        +49-172-6807809        2:244/1140@fidonet
Fax/BBS:    +49-69-67808-835         2:244/1144@fidonet