Re: [exim] Stopping arbitrary traffic

Author: Dustin Nicholas Jenkins
Subject: Re: [exim] Stopping arbitrary traffic

On 30-Jun-06, at 12:21 AM, Steven Wayne wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 04:22:41PM -0700, Dustin Nicholas Jenkins
> wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:22:41 -0700
>> From: Dustin Nicholas Jenkins <dustin@???>
>> Subject: Re: [exim] Stopping arbitrary traffic
>>

>> On 28-Jun-06, at 5:46 AM, Steven Wayne wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 02:47:35PM -0700, Dustin Jenkins wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Thanks for the reply. I'm going to do as suggested and learn to read
>> the logs before I post anything else. I am running a web server on
>> the
>> box as well though, yes.
>>

> Is it sending mail?
>
> Check it hasn't been compromised.
>
> Steven.
> --
> If you live in a country run by committee, be on the committee.
>         -- Graham Summer

> --

Thanks for the suggestion. No, the web server (Apache 2.2) is not
sending mail, but it's just serving static content and not intended to
send mail. Does that answer your question?

I used to get a daily cron e-mail that I couldn't find the source of,
now it just gets into a mail loop and freezes the message complaining
of:

'Too many "Received" headers - suspected mail loop'

Could the fact that I'm using DynDNS to manage my domain name?

Cheers,
Dustin