[exim] weird problem(faq 620)

Autor: etienne
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] weird problem(faq 620)
Hi Guys, i'm currently testing a content filter.

Doing so, I have an exim router set up to send a copy of all the email messages
to the content filter.

When the content filter uses it's regular MTA, we are getting this error in exim
logs:

R=router T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host

When we change the contents filters MTA to a program that just accepts the
traffic and dumps it, it works and we get: R=router T=remote_smtp
H=router.host.com [router.ip.address]

If no MTA is running, we get the same error as if the real MTA is running:

R=router T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host

We are always able to access the MTA through telnet when we get these errors.

This error message only happens when the exim router to send a copy of the
messages to the content filter. We have no problem with our regular email, but if
we leave it running while getting a lot of defers it will clog exim and will
affect our normal emails.

I'm not sure what to do and have no idea why the emailing fails.