Re: [exim] line [x/y] splitting - conf option?

Autor: Rob Munsch
A: Chris Lightfoot
CC: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] line [x/y] splitting - conf option?
Chris Lightfoot wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 11:23:10AM -0400, Rob Munsch wrote:
>

>>Is there no way to accomplish this option
>>without recompiling the production mailserver..?
>>

>Looking at the code, no: (log.c in 4.62)
>
> ...recompiling is probably easier.

Not so much... these are debian-stable systems. i guess i could pester
the maintainer and ask him to provide an official stable release
variation for every compile-only option, but i fear he may throw my
server rack at me.

We've only just started bringing these systems (that we inherited) into
some semblance of stable sanity (say that several times swiftly). I'd
hate to break that already...

Oh well. thanks for the info. the only reason i care about the line
splitting is i keep seeing interpolated lines - happens more often than
you'd think, or i'd like. It's due, i suppose, to the several daemons
we have running, so i get stuff like
[1/10]
[3/10]
[2/10]
[1/10]
[4/10]
[3/10]

when 2 messages have the same number of /lines; and since it's all going
to a db, each line is in a new row rather than the entire message
residing in one field...

I'd log the PIDs to keep track but that's a compile-time option too ,-)

--
Rob Munsch
Solutions For Progress IT