Re: [exim] Error in content scanning doccumentation

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Stuart Gall
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumptes nous: [exim] Retry rules, feature request
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Error in content scanning doccumentation
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Stuart Gall wrote:

> Hello
> I Hope this is the right place to post documentation issues

Sure.

> clamd
> This daemon-type scanner is GPL and free. You can get it at http://
> www.clamav.net/. Some older versions of clamd do not seem to unpack
> MIME containers, so it used to be recommended to unpack MIME
> attachments in the MIME ACL. This no longer believed to be necessary.
> One option is required: either the path and name of a UNIX socket
> file, or a hostname or IP number, and a port, separated by space, as
> in the second of these examples:
>
> av_scanner = clamd:/opt/clamd/socket
> av_scanner = clamd:192.168.2.100 1234

That's what it says, yes.

> sepparated by a colon
> av_scanner = clamd:192.168.2.100:1234

That isn't in the docs...

> IF you enter the parameters as indicated in the clamd part of the
> docs then exim seems to use a random port

Well, I didn't write the code, but I've just had a look at it, and it
*looks* as though it implements what the spec says. That is, it parses a
string for a string (the IP address), space, number.

Have you tried running with debugging turned on to see if that gives any
useful information?

Anybody else had this problem? Or *not* had this problem?