Re: [exim] Syntax Inconsistencies

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim, Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Syntax Inconsistencies
On 05/07/06, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:

> I understand that as software grows it not always harmonious. Sometimes
> it's worth going back and rewriting things so that you get back to a
> solid foundation so that when you need to add new features you aren't
> fighting old code. I used to go through building phases where I added
> new capabilities and then cleanup phases where I went back and did
> things right so that the next time I wanted to build I had a solid
> foundation in code.

How big an install base did you have? How many independent users had
downloaded the code anonymously? And was this code in the default
install of a popular Linux distribution?

However much it might make sense from a pure architecture perspective
(and I agree that it probably does), real-world deployed base issues
tend to raise the bar somewhat.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer