Re: [exim] SMTP Transport: hosts rewriting

Autor: John Burnham
A: christian meutes, Exim, Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SMTP Transport: hosts rewriting
> > Can these domains be identified uniquely with a DNS query?
> Have a look
> > at @mx_any and its friends, and then at the dnsdb lookup
> type. Maybe
> > you can use one of those in a precondition of a manualroute
> router or
> > in the route_list.
>
> They can only be identified by the lookup on the MX-record.

So, in theory, you could have a condition using dnsdb lookups - do all these
domains have the same mx records or do they have different names that just
resolve to that same IP address ? If it's the latter you might end up with
nested dnsdb queries.... I suspect constructing such a query will be nontrivial
- I'll leave it to people better qualified than myself....
John