Re: [exim] SMTP Transport: hosts rewriting

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim, Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SMTP Transport: hosts rewriting
On 05/07/06, christian meutes <christian.meutes@???> wrote:
> --On Wednesday, July 05, 2006 03:00:47 PM +0100 Philip Hazel
> <ph10@???> wrote:
>
> > Most non-DNS routing issues in Exim can be handled with a manualroute
> > router, which implements "send this domain to that host" rules.
> > If you *really* do have to change one IP address into another, there is
> > the translate_ip_address option.
>
> I want to overcome the need of having a list of domains which are affected
> by the rewrite. I have 10 exims without database support (also database
> queries would be to heavy) and really dont want to include a filename with
> a list of these thousands of domains to set the correct destination host
> (e.g. synchronizing the list with all hosts etc. is a thing i want to
> bypass).

Can these domains be identified uniquely with a DNS query? Have a look
at @mx_any and its friends, and then at the dnsdb lookup type. Maybe
you can use one of those in a precondition of a manualroute router or
in the route_list.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer