Re: [exim] [unclassified] Re: return path set in transport, …

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] [unclassified] Re: return path set in transport, but it doesnt work
Marc Haber wrote:
> On 4 Jul 2006 20:57:27 -0000, "Peter Bowyer" <peter@???> did
> not write:
>
>>Please take these amateur home 'server' questions to the Debian exim
>>mailing list. The exim-users list is for professional mail
>>administrators, not every student who can boot a Linux distro and
>>thinks he should run his own 'mail server'.
>

> This is another case of anonymous remailer abuse, a Joe Job against
> Peter.
>
> Greetings
> Marc

ACK.

To the extent practical from the headers, I've backtracked both.

Neither of these would have passed our Exim MTA OR Ecartis MLM
settings here.

The same rulesets would of course, block postings from
'hobbyist' mx on dynamic IP without proper DNS records, but I
don't see that as an overall negative.

Such 'seekers of self improvement' (too be kind) ordinarily have
access to a bona-fide ISP MX they can use while learning.

Perhaps a Mailman/Exim ruleset tightening on sesame is due?

'..eating our own dogfood' so to speak...

Bill