Re: [exim] Recursive Lookups

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Recursive Lookups
Timothy Arnold wrote:

> Hi Tony
>

>>Handle all the per-domain aliasing and redirection before resolving the
>>address to a local user.
>

> We have all of this in a database which is generated into CDB files on our
> mail relays. This appears to work fine.
>
> The issue is when customers want local .forward/.aliases files. I would
> have to resolve the address to a local user so it can read the files, if I
> am not mistaken?
>
> Thanks
> Tim

Not necessarily.

We store the forward/alias destination info in the same user DB,
where it may remain in-place indefinitely, as we also store a
boolean flag to indicate if it is active/inactive. Same with
'vacation' messages, account active/inactive, etc.

Our test to find the destination checks for flags, pulls the
appropriate destination fields from the DB.

SQL in our case.

cdb may need more separate (or more complex than average) cdb
files, but should still be faster, simpler, more robust than
running an RDBMS you may not otherwise need (we do anyway...).

HTH,

Bill