Re: [exim] Second silly question, logging rejects ONLY in r…

Author: Rob Munsch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Second silly question, logging rejects ONLY in rejectlog (not in mainlog)
Philip Hazel wrote:

>You do know, of course, that you can entirely suppress the writing of
>rejectlog, I presume (write_rejectlog=false).

w'yeah, but that's kind of the opposite of the original goal :).
I note that the same entry routing thru mainlog is mail.info level, and
the rejectlog entries are mail.notice (this is when using syslog of
course; -ng in this case).

All exim's log options seem confined to binary on-off switches; log this
or don't, and if so, i'll put it where i goshdarnwell please.

I'd suggest (which is why i jumped in here) using syslog-ng to modify
its uncooperative output. We've a central loghost setup here, and one
of the projects i'm planning time for is to see if i can use -ng to
tweak exim's entries in the chost; organizing the format without
dropping any info. Anyone else doing this..?

--
Rob Munsch
Solutions For Progress IT