Re: [exim] Spamassassin status header - confused!

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spamassassin status header - confused!
On 30/06/06, John Horne <john.horne@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 14:19 +0100, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> > On 30/06/06, John Horne <john.horne@???> wrote:
> > > So the question is what has happened to the X-Spam-Status header? Can
> > > anyone give me an insight as to whether the default SA headers should
> > > appear or are they actually removed?
> >
> > SA cannot update the message in this scanning model - any changes it
> > makes will be discarded.
> >
> Ah, that's the bit I couldn't work out. So it is literally a sort of
> "yes it is spam", "no it isn't spam" test.
>
> What I think I need is a '$spam_status' variable if possible which
> captures the X-Spam-Status header. The X-Spam-Report ($spam_report) will
> only occur if the message is spam, whereas the X-Spam-Status header gets
> added to all messages.

This example comes straight from the docs I referenced earlier:

# put headers in all messages (no matter if spam or not)
warn  message = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
      spam = nobody:true
warn  message = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
      spam = nobody:true

# add second subject line with *SPAM* marker when message
# is over threshold
warn  message = Subject: *SPAM* $h_Subject:
      spam = nobody

# reject spam at high scores (> 12)
deny  message = This message scored $spam_score spam points.
      spam = nobody:true
      condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{120}{1}{0}}

You can adapt for your circumstances by adding your message size
condition to all the sections. Note that the 'spam=nobody:true' will
scan the message and fire regardless of the score, and 'spam=nobody'
will scan the message (if not cached) and only fire if the threshold
in your SA conf was hit.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer