Re: [exim] Spamassassin status header - confused!

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spamassassin status header - confused!
On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 14:19 +0100, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 30/06/06, John Horne <john.horne@???> wrote:
> > So the question is what has happened to the X-Spam-Status header? Can
> > anyone give me an insight as to whether the default SA headers should
> > appear or are they actually removed?
>
> SA cannot update the message in this scanning model - any changes it
> makes will be discarded.

Ah, that's the bit I couldn't work out. So it is literally a sort of
"yes it is spam", "no it isn't spam" test.

What I think I need is a '$spam_status' variable if possible which
captures the X-Spam-Status header. The X-Spam-Report ($spam_report) will
only occur if the message is spam, whereas the X-Spam-Status header gets
added to all messages.

Thanks,

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839