Re: [exim] deny mails based on helo domain lookup and/or sen…

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] deny mails based on helo domain lookup and/or senderdomain
Subject: Re: [exim] deny mails based on helo domain lookup and/or sender domain
On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 07:16:09AM -0500, Matt Sealey wrote:
> For example. I don't even want it to get to the point where it checks for a user, if
> we can kill it at HELO that would be best, but on MAIL FROM: would be just as good.
> And I also want to cut down on logging of these kinds of mails coming in. We get a LOT
> of spam attempts from 2 or 3 major domains, so my first step is:
>
> domainlist spammer_domains = netzero.com
>
> I can check for a SINGLE domain with my knowledge (eq) but I don't know how to
> look at the entire list and tell me if it matches any of them. What next? :(

Something like:

drop domains = +spammer_domains

in your acl_smtp_mail should do the trick.

drop condition = ${if match_domain{$sender_helo_name}{+spammer_domains}{yes}{no}}

could be used drop it at HELO time.

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet