Re: [exim] Router to filter off a specific address

Author: John Burnham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Router to filter off a specific address
> I have a requirement to create a router to relay one specific
> address to a different host, whilst leaving the "defaul"
> router to handle everything else. I have the router below in
> place which ~I thought would work, but alas it doesn't.
>
> ==============
>
> test_router:
>      condition = ${if eq
> {${lc:$sender_address}}{something\@domain\.co\.uk}{true} fail}:
>      driver = manualroute
>      transport = remote_smtp
>      route_list = * x.x.x.x

> Can I be so bold as to ask for anyone to cast an eye over the
> above and suggest anything that may help me?

Can you clarify something ? Is it an address being sent to that you want treated
differently or the address that the mail is from ? Because $sender_address is
the envelope sender.
Anyway, you could always simplify by using the senders option in the router (see
chapter 15 of the spec - generic options for routers) or local_parts and
domains.
John